Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Getaway: Bayou Lagoon Park Resort and Melaka

When we were thinking where to spend our Merdeka holidays (as I did not want to spend that long weekend at home), we came to an idea to go to a hotel that comes with a theme park (water park). So we browsed and after comparing the price, we chose Bayou Lagoon Park Resort (BLPR) as it was the cheapest among its rivals and we never went to BLPR so we would like to give it a try.

We rushed to Melaka at 3pm on that 29th August 2015 as that afternoon, we had to attend my husband's colleague's daughter wedding and met my father in law for 30 minutes at the airport while he was in transit between JB-KL-BTU. We arrived Melaka, at BLPR at 5.30pm and went to the check in counter. So many people coming to BLPR that weekend that it took longer than usual to check in, collected the breakfast and waterpark vouchers and all.

The hotel room

We managed to go into the room at 6pm. As we were tired already, we did not plan to go to the waterpark. We chose to stay in the room while waiting to go out for dinner. After we had done with Maghrib prayers we went to Qasreena Cafe to have our dinner. It is a good cafe, with lots of food range in the menu and I could see that many people came there and the cafe was full. I ate Chicken Chop with Butter Rice as my dinner, sharing it with my baby. I like it and would like to eat at the cafe again. We went back to the hotel and sleep to have a good rest.

Us at Malacca Zoo

The next day, right after having breakfast at the hotel, we went to Malacca Zoo. It is the second largest zoo in Malaysia. Many people were there during long weekend so we had to queue up to 20 minutes buying tickets before we managed to go into the zoo. We walked following the footpath provided by the zoo map. Many animals are in the zoo and it is good to bring kids to the zoo to introduce them what real animals look like. My daughter was asleep half of the journey in the zoo as she was very tired, however she woke up 20 minutes before our zoo journey ended. She managed to have a look at orang utans, chimpanzees, sunbears, elephants and many more.

The waterpark (pic courtesy of BookingDotCom)

After that we went back to BLPR to bring Hassha to waterpark that late afternoon. Hassha played for a few minutes at the waterpark before she showed some uncomfortable face. So after spending 1 hour at the waterpark we got back into our room. That night as I wanted to eat Asam Pedas (Melaka's signature dish), my husband and I went to Asam Pedas Ani Parit Jawa restaurant to get it as it was nearer to our hotel. I preferred Asam Pedas Kota Laksamana or Asam Pedas Claypot however we were quite lazy to drive into Malacca City as it was the merdeka night and traffic jammed was expected everywhere. We went back to hotel right after finish eating dinner.

The next day after breakfast we took few minutes to play at the waterpark again before checking out. Then we drove to our house in Selangor right after checking out as we were afraid there might be traffic jammed at PLUS highway (as it was a long weekend where people goes out and into KL-Selangor more than usual). We arrived at our home at 3pm safely.

Below are my honest review about BLPR;

1. The hotel is very full every long weekend/festive season/public holiday/school holiday. Overloaded with people. Their service is always out during overloaded time. Come here only on weekdays or normal weekends. NEVER COME HERE ON PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
2. As the hotel was full, so was the carpark. They provide multilevel carpark however their multilevel carpark do not come with lifts, only stairs, plus it is quite far from the hotel lobby. Imagine you park at level 3 and you have to hold your baby while your hands are full with your bags and you have to take the stairs? OMG. I saw some family with OKU member had to bring down their OKU member and that was really inconvenient. Remember, try to find parking other than the multilevel carpark as it is annoying.
3. The check in and check out counters were very slow. Even during the holiday season when people are so crowded. I think they should learn to do their work faster, please learn from other hotels.
4. The lifts of the hotel were terrible. They are very slow. Cannot accommodate all the guests at the peak time. My husband did use his own foot to get down from Level 11 to ground floor (our room was at Level 11) as he was so upset waiting the lift too long. So please request to have your room at Level 1, 2 or 3 only, at least you still can go down and up using stairs rather than wasting your precious time waiting for that super duper slow and small lifts.
5. Buffet breakfast was okay, however I was disappointed there was no bakery thingy other than white bread. Oh I love cakes, pudding etc I am not happy with that.
6. The waterpark is good. It is quite big and the water is shallow enough for children's safety. During peak time it will be very crowded. My babygirl refused to play as she felt uncomfortable as she saw weird and awkward people there (sorry baby) at the time she played there. It will be better if you come here during off peak season so less people will play at the waterpark (less crowded).
7. The room was okay. It is clean, however I am disappointed with the room service. They only came to clean our room at 4pm (seriously?). And they did not topup my coffee/tea bags and all.

If I have the chance to go again to BLPR, will I go? Definitely NO. Because for me this hotel was terrible in so many things. I would never go to this hotel again. So if you want to stay at BLPR, think again. As my review is honest, I think you should think twice. If you think Gold Coast Morib International Resort (GCMIR) is bad, BLPR is worse than GCMIR. At least GCMIR is more comfortable and child/family-friendly.

So that's all from me. I hope my review helps others in making better decisions about which place in Melaka is the best to stay, inshaa-Allah.

0 comments: