Since I am a Terengganunian, let me share with you all, what are the places to visit when you come to Terengganu.
Terengganu is a beautiful, peaceful state with interesting cultures. The citizens are made up of Malay, Chinese, India and others. As Malays are the main citizens in Terengganu, expect most of the cultures to be related to Malay. So below are the attractive places you can visit when you come to Kuala Terengganu (ibu negeri Terengganu);
1. Taman Tamadun Islam
A place where the replica of mosques around the world is exhibited. A must go as you will feel like you are visiting the real mosque in smaller sizes.
• Address: Pulau Wan Man, Losong Panglima Perang, 21000 Kuala Terengganu.
• Opening hours: 10am - 7pm (Monday - Thursday) ; 9am - 7pm (Friday - Sunday & Public Holidays)
• Admission fee: Adults RM21.20, Children 7-12yrs and Senior Citizens 60yrs above RM15.90, Children 6yrs below F.O.C
2. Masjid Kristal
If you go to Taman Tamadun Islam, then take your chance to go to Masjid Kristal too. They are located next to each other. A very beautiful mosque to see by your eyes, you will be mesmerized by its uniqueness.
3. Masjid Terapung - Lagun Kuala Ibai
Masjid Terapung was built way before Masjid Kristal existed. It was built on a lagoon and looks like it is floated on the water, especially during rainy season when the lagoon water at its highest level.
• Address: Kuala Ibai, 20400 Kuala Terengganu.
4. Kampung Cina
A place called Chinatown in Kuala Terengganu. As you walk along the road, you will find many Chinese shops that sell many things. Take your chance to stop at few spots and take your picture.
• Address: Jalan Kampung Cina, 20100 Kuala Terengganu.
5. Pasar Besar Kedai Payang
A market where you can buy souvenirs and things to remember about Terengganu, be it a food, or Batik Sutera, or Songket, or keychains. Just walk into the market and stop by the shops you feel interested with. Try your best to bargain for the best price, as most sellers will try to put a higher price to the tourists.
• Address: Pasar Besar Kedai Payang, 20000 Kuala Terengganu.
• Opening hours: early morning to 7pm
7. Beautiful beaches
Terengganu is well known to have popular and beautiful beaches alongside its state. From Kemaman to Besut, beaches that bound to Terengganu land are being taken care at their best. Below are some of popular beaches in Kuala Terengganu, a must visit if you love to see sand, sea, water and blue scenery all the way:-
i) Pantai Batu Burok
ii) Pantai Teluk Ketapang
iii) Pantai Rhu Sepuluh
iv) Pantai Chendering
v) Pantai Batu Rakit
vi) Pantai Penarik
vii) Pantai Tok Jembal
viii) Pantai Kelulut
8. Muzium Losong
A museum which holds a lot of historical items and stories of Terengganu. It is the third biggest museum in South East Asia. If you go to this museum, do not only walk and see the things in the building, but also the surrounding areas which exhibits examples of Terengganu houses since a long time ago.
• Address: Bukit Losong, 20566 Kuala Terengganu.
• Opening hours: 9am - 5pm (Saturday - Thursday & public holiday); 9am - 12pm & 3 - 5pm (Friday)
Enjoy your visit to Terengganu! ;-)