Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Review: My Engagement

I know this is a (super duper) overdue post but I am thinking to share it as I want to give a rough idea to some girls who would like to have a memorable, sweet engagement ceremony without spending too much money on it. This may be more useful for girls who live in Kuala Terengganu, as most of the vendors are located in Terengganu.

with beloved nephew and niece, Ammar and Damia

1. Mini Pelamin/Dais, Persalinan & Make Up

At the time I searched for engagement package, I was searching for a cheap one, of course. As I knew about this wedding boutique from my elder sister (she also used this boutique for her engagement ceremony), I did not think for a long time to make the decision. I messaged the owner of the boutique, Kak Ros, to book for engagement package a month before the date (I knew the date for my engagement quite late because both families agreed to have our engagement as soon as possible, haha), luckily Kak Ros accepted me to book her package and that was really a relief! It costed me only RM400 for all 3 things above. The pelamin was a simple one, also the persalinan (baju) and make up. But seriously I quite did not like my engagement make up as Kak Ros asked for her friend to replace her for me (Kak Ros had 4-5 other brides to make up on the same date), yes my engagement MUA did natural make up but I think my elder sister could do a better make up for me (rugi saja tau). But it was okay since the make up looked good in official photographer's pictures, I could say that my make up was okay. Haha. You can contact Kak Ros at her number - 0199268302, her boutique is located at her house at Gong Badak, Kuala Terengganu, most of the time she is available to entertain you (as the boutique is her home, hehe).

2. Food

I asked for my dad's help to settle this one (I am daddy's girl, you know!) Dad booked nasi dagang Terengganu for ~100 guests with his relative, lives also in the same village as us (his relative is good in making delicious nasi dagang). My sisters did the drinks by themselves, and for tissue-pinggan mangkuk-gelas whatsoever, family bought them. As my ceremony was a simple, small one (which only involved families of both sides), food and drinks are served in the house, of course, no canopy whatsoever involved. 


the hantarans

3. Hantaran

We wanted our hantarans to only include cheap, simple items, but since Sarawakians are people who give valuable items for hantaran during engagement, we ended up giving several items to each other (which others normally give during kahwin, hehe). So from his side, I got; Cincin+Sirih, Baju persalinan nikah, Handbag, Kasut and Kosmetik. And I gave him; Sirih, Kain pelikat, Baju persalinan kahwin, Kasut kerja, Kek, Buah and Coklat. All bought within our engagement budget. Oh yea, the gubahan? Abang booked the gubahans to be done by her sister's husband's auntie - Auntie Shamsiah (contact me if you want to get her number), and I just re-used bekas hantaran my SIL gave to my brother during their wedding (lol). :-)

me and my MIL

4. Official Photographer

As I only knew my engagement date few weeks before the ceremony, this was the toughest one to get. I contacted many photographer in Kuala Terengganu and most of them were fully booked for the date, the ones who were available charged quite high (as high as the wedding photography package). As I wanted only photographer who could offer me budget package - Shoot & Burn, I tried contacting my ex-senior (schoolmates), he is part time wedding photographer, and he said he was available on my engagement date, I was so happy. Seriously, I love all photos he took for my engagement ceremony, I could say having him as my engagement photographer was worth it. He managed to make the ceremony looked so smooth and good, and the props (eventhough very simple) looked beautiful. I would recommend brides to be in Terengganu to book him as wedding photographer, he is a really good one, friendly and very helpful, plus you can get your pictures as soon as 2 weeks after the ceremony (like how he did to me), and I think that was awesome. You can contact him on his Facebook - M Shahmi Shukri


So I think that's all for my engagement review. Everything was so simple and I did not overspend any pennies for this. And thanks to both sides of our family for their supports during the ceremony, really appreciate that very much. :-)

- All photos by M Shahmi Shukri -

0 comments: