Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Kek Lapis Sarawak

I love eating Kek Lapis Sarawak since 18-19 years old. Not only the colors look pretty but they taste wonderful. Make sure you buy the real Kek Lapis Sarawak so that you know how delicious the cakes really are..

I remember when I was in Melbourne, Australia, the closest one to Kek Lapis Sarawak I can find & eat is..Lapis Legit...made in Indonesia. Yeah at least I still can find layer cakes in Melbourne hehehe...

So for this Aidilfitri, I bought some layer cakes from Sarawak.. I prefer cakes from Kek Lapis Afifi and Mira Cake House than Kek Lapis Dayang Salhah, because their cakes are not dry and taste quite good. Kek lapis Dayang Salhah are also okay, but if you keep them in your refrigerator, you have to thaw them for a while before you can cut & eat them (several minutes to hours are consumed here). Anyway it depends on your preference, because some people would love Dayang Salhah's more than other brands.



Photos from Kek Lapis Afifi

Favourite flavour of mine - Chocolate Cheese, of course I bought this one a lot, because I want to eat it too (not only serving it to guests). Other flavours I love - Kek Lapis Cadbury, Keladi and Masam Manis. You should buy your favourite flavours and not just taking any flavour randomly, because for sure, you will be able to finish your favourite flavour cakes without any problem! (no wasted cakes then, hehe).

If you want to buy these layer cakes, better buy from Sarawakians, because that's where this cake originates (in Malaysia), they know how these cakes should taste really.

Have fun doing preparation for raya to all! ☺

p/s: every cakeshops in Sarawak is closing orders for raya, so if you want to buy but didn't buy yet, please search for other cakeshops which sell delicious cakes, okies. 

0 comments: